Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Disaster Relief

Common Legal Needs After a Disaster

  • Problems with contractors when trying to rebuild
  • Difficulty filing insurance claims 
  • Replacing IDs and important documents
    • Driver’s license
    • Social security card
    • Birth certificate
    • Court documents
  • Understanding your rights as a renter
    • Can you get out of a lease if your home is damaged?
    • What if you lost your job and can’t pay rent?
    • Can your landlord make you move to make repairs?
    • What if you’re evicted?
  • Preparing new wills, powers of attorney, and guardianship documents
  • Filing for FEMA appeals

Apply for Legal Assistance

Call the Center for Arkansas Legal Services (1-800-950-5817) or Legal Aid of Arkansas (1-800-952-9243) if you have a question or think you have a legal issue after experiencing a disaster.

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

Contact FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired.

Citizenship/Eligibility for Disaster Assistance

Small Businesses