Skip to Main Content


What you need to know.

EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT (EITC) can reduce the amount of tax you owe and may give you a refund. To qualify, you must meet certain earned income requirements and eligibility rules, and file a tax return.

Who Can Claim it?

  • Parents
  • Living in rural areas
  • Self-employed or have income from a farm or business
  • Disabled
  • Limited English language skills
  • Working grandparents
  • Recently divorced, have reduced income, are unemployed, or are experiencing other changes to their marital, financial, or parental status

Where to Get Help?

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $56,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers.