LITC (Low Income Taxpayer Clinic) is a FREE confidential service provided by Legal Aid of Arkansas and serves all of Arkansas, assisting low income taxpayers with tax problems and controversies. Our services extend to taxpayers who do not speak English.
File your taxes for FREE!
Visit www.laalitc.org or your local IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) site.
• Call Legal Aid of AR Helpline to find out if you qualify for FREE legal assistance: 1-800-952-9243 M-Th 9-11 am, 1-3 pm Tues 5:15-7:15pm
• Call LITC for free tax information and community education for your group or business: 479-442-0600 ext. 6304
Free Representation for:
• Audit and Tax Court
• Earned Income Credit Problems
• Tax Liens • Innocent Spouse Relief
• Prior year returns Responding to IRS notices
• Tax Debts and Installment Agreements
• Other issues
• Education about taxpayer rights and responsibilities.
• Education and outreach for non English speaking taxpayers.
• Media involvement.
• Referrals to outside resources for taxpayers who need extra help.
• Training for staff and community ambassadors who assist low income taxpayers.