Skip to Main Content

Money and Debt

What you need to know.

You may wish to seek the advice of an attorney about bringing a private lawsuit. You should also consider contacting the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Although the FTC cannot act as your lawyer in private disputes, information about your experience and concerns is important to the enforcement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).

To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit or call toll-free 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382- 4357; TTY: 1-866-653-4261).

The Arkansas Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division also enforces the FCRA: